Through the Casa Ramona Academy’s (CRA) After School Program, students and community members can access expanded learning opportunities that integrate education, health, and cultural programs in the out-of-school hours. Students who participate in our program are given a strong education. There are three components of the program:
- Academic Tutorial Program and Homework Support
- Recreational Program
- Enrichment Program
The purpose of CRA’s After School Program is to align lesson plans with the curriculum students are taught during the day. All students are assigned and monitored using the Study Island Program and receive instruction in Language Arts, English, Math, Science, History, and English Language Development. Teachers provide enrichment and intervention activities through educational games, small group instruction, and one-to-one instruction. For example:
- K-1 grades focus on shared reading, reading comprehension, reading fluency, and sight word recognition.
- 2-3 grades focus on tailoring instruction to students’ needs and reviewing standard expectations.
- 4-5 grades focus on reviewing skills previously taught by the day teacher and supporting students by using supplemental activities such as educational games, worksheets and using small group instruction.
- 6-8 grades focus on providing individual instruction with their students, reviewing skills such as sentence structure, analogies, rounding big numbers and decimal numbers, adding fractions and other skills students need to complete their homework.
- All students are offered Mariachi instruction, Physical Education activities and Fine Art Activities as part of the After School Program
Our students have access to academic support, enriching activities and health and fitness opportunities. Our after-school program has been proven to increase school attendance and improve behavior. We have also seen an increase in math, reading, science and standardized test scores for our participants. The After School Program provides clear and concise instruction on various topics. We also provide lessons that are linked to educational objectives that motivate and engage students.
The Casa Ramona Academy After School Program currently serves students in grades K-8. Program hours are 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily and from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on minimum days. There is no cost for children to attend and CRA extends the program to neighborhood students who do not currently attend CRA.
For more information, please contact Ms Burgos, Program Coordinator, at 909.888.3132 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.